From Picton: Take SH1 to Spring Creek village; turn right onto SH62, Rapaura Road, which is signposted to Nelson; pass large winery on left on corner of Jackson’s Road; proceed down Rapaura Road; take second right and turn right onto Paul’s Road; we’re at the end on the right.
From Nelson: Cross Wairau River on SH6 and take first left onto SH62, Rapaura Road. Take second left onto Pauls Road. We’re at the end on the the right.
From Blenheim: Proceed out of town, to the west, on SH6 signposted to Nelson. After leaving town take second right, Jackson’s Road. Proceed through next intersection. Turn left onto Rapaura Road at next intersection. Take second right, Pauls Road. We’re at the end on the right.
From West Coast: Proceed down Wairau Valley on SH63 to Renwick; follow signs to Nelson on SH 6; approx. 1 K after leaving Renwick turn right onto Rapaura Road, SH62; Take second left onto Pauls Road; we’re at the end on the right.
In the area
Within close proximity are many great walks, pleasant golf courses and other leisure activities. We are also close to the magnificent Marlborough Sounds, a haven for sailing, fishing and water-skiing.
- Splendid local vineyards in close proximity.
- Herzog Restaurant & Winery. www.herzog.co.nz
- The Vines (Tourist) Village. www.thevinesvillage.co.nz
- Array of restaurants and cafe/bars in the vineyard district and Blenheim.
- Marlborough Sounds fishing trips and watersports.
- Bicycles are available from Ryland for local excursions (no charge).
- Numerous golf courses. Clubs Available (no charge).
- Shopping in Blenheim.
- Trout fishing in lakes and rivers (there is excellent fishing in the river neighbouring Ryland Estate).
- Close to summer swimming holes.
- Rafting trips in the Upper Buller.
- Walks and tramping
- Arts & crafts.
- Rainbow Ski Field in winter/spring, 80 minutes scenic drive.
- Kaikoura whale watching, scenic drive.